Thread: Can't see Firefox clear search History context in search field

Can't see Firefox clear search History context in search field

Hey,

Don't know if this concerned about Breezy,or something.there used to be this nifty "clear search history" menu item when you right clicked the search field in the upper right of the fire fox browser. Since upgrading to breezy, this option has vanished.I need a simple method to clear the field so I could enter a new search w/o ending up copying the search terms. Something like the digger extension does for the address bar would be ideal. Anyone got a suggestion or know what happened to the "clear search history" context menu item?

any ideas would be brilliant..
    thanks

Re: Can't see Firefox clear search History context in search field

Dude,check it out this.On the tab bar: context Menu \ Closed Tab List Facilitates the re-opening of the 10 most-recently closed tabs ...creating a much more clear difference between tabs) with and without focus.Tools \ Tab Mix Plus Options \ Display \ Customize Styles

Yes, I guess it would be fine to email him with your suggestion.I did find a perfect fix though, I installed the "Clear Fields" extension, which allows me put icons on the toolbar to erase the address field, search field, etc

I ain't even thought about the of the feature as a privacy feature, after all, that's what "Clear Private Data" is for. For me "Clear Search History" all the time simply aided me to maintain track of my searches .The "Clear Fields" extension sounds like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut. I do like my Toolbars easier and uncluttered and I can't figure out the point in installing an extension for putting a button that re-adds a feature that was deleted and that did the same thing more convenient in a more logical place