Thread: Media Player Classin not giving 1080p output

Media Player Classin not giving 1080p output

My Media Player Classic in Windows Vista Media center is not giving 1080p resolution. I was assured that the Media Player classic with gave out a high quality 1080p wide screen display. But the result is not often yet so good. Which is best extender can be used with the Media Center PC to get an optimum resolution. My friend uses Apple TV and his system works great. The output quality is much better than me. What to do now to fix my issue here. Thanks in advance.

Re: Media Player Classin not giving 1080p output

The problem is due to lack of codec update. The output resolution depends on the video format and quality. If Media Player classic is not able to read it properly or if there is absence of proper codec then you face such issue. The output quality and sound will not function good here. All Media Center PC are equipped to display HD quality output. This needs a Blu Ray player or a HD DVD player. The most common format that a media center supports is mpeg type. So it is necessary that you should have a proper decoded installed in your system. I will recommend you to download ffdshow, haali media splitter, k lite codec pack.

Try Cyberlink Decoder. The tool is awesome for audio and video decoding system and it supports Media Center. The output is show in graphical format. The Media center does not give you a proper output quality if there is a missing filter. The Media Player classic has its own inbuilt library so a proper update can fetch the problem out. Also update your TV Tuner cards drivers. Check the setting in Media Center for screen resolution. You can see the type of filters in Play > Filter in MPC meu. If you do not find any in that then download Qicktime Decoder and a Cyberlink H264/AVC decoder.

I am using Mvix Ultio extender box for my Media center pc. But it is not compulsory for you to buy a new media extender. You can just update some codecs and things will go fine. Check the resolution settings in the Media Player settings. Assign it properly either 720p or 1080p as your need. The most basic codec need are ffdshow video, ffdshow raw video, haali media, coreavc and ac3 filter. Or either download VLC player. The player comes with all the regular filter and it can play almost any file. Try to download h.264 and mkv content also.