Thread: How to make a dvd from mp4 with windows dvd maker

How to make a dvd from mp4 with windows dvd maker

Hi,

I have downloaded windows dvd maker from microsoft site but i dont know how to use it to make DVD from mp4 with windows dvd maker. I am with Windows vista ultimate. Can anybody guides me through the process of burning a DVD that can be played on my dvd player.

Thank you

Re: How to make a dvd from mp4 with windows dvd maker

DVD Maker in Windows Vista publishes directly to MPEG-2 format, enabling you to burn DVDs directly from your video camera.Windows DVD Maker is enough to make dvd movie, but it doesn't provide enough transition and video effects to enhance photos and videos. You can use Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker to make movies and burn to dvd. Windows DVD Maker also supports a variety of publishing styles for your movies, focused on highlighting your content and creating a customized look and feel. See this video for more detail Windows DVD Maker Tutorial

To make a dvd from mp4 with windows dvd maker

Go to start and open Windows DVD maker. Click Choose Photos and Videos. and add the Media item which you want to burn. Once you’ve added images, double-click the Slide Show folder to open the Slide Show folder if you want to make any changes in pictures. Now Type a name for the disc in Disc Title. Click Options. In the DVD Options window, make changes as desired. Now open DVD menu: Select this option to have your DVD perform like most DVDs you’ve seen, by displaying a DVD menu when inserted. Now make necessary changes as per you need With the following option
    • Play video and end with DVD menu
    • Play video in a continuous loop
    • DVD aspect ratio:
    • Video format:
    • Other DVD settings:

Once you completed Click Preview. Watch the video to see if you like the menu selection. And then finally Click OK. burn

You can create DVDs quickly and easily using Windows DVD Maker. You can add video, pictures, and audio, make slide shows for your DVD, or add your Windows Movie Maker projects. Once you add files, you can burn your DVD with one click, or, if you prefer, you can choose from several menu styles and slide show options to make your DVD special before you burn it, or customize your DVD menus and write the DVD menu text yourself.

See here for more detain on How to Burn a DVD-Video disc using Windows DVD Maker.

when I tried using Windows DVD Maker it said that one or more files could not be decoded? What should I do?

This error usually comes when one or any file is in such format that cannot be decoded by the Windows DVD maker.

So what i can suggest is try to merge/crop videos in Windows Movie Maker FIRST and than use that video in DVD maker. Also check if you are missing any codec for the same.

All my files are MP4 and how do I check if I am missing codecs?

Quote Originally Posted by c2d50 View Post
    All my files are MP4 and how do I check if I am missing codecs?
    You will find it in Add and Remove. Anyways, if codecs are listed or not in Add And remove, simply download latest Codes and install.

Can I download them even if i have Window XP?

Ok I added the codec, it is still saying that it can not decode some or all files... I am able to burn all 27 files to a DVD, but I can not burn those same files as a movie DVD... I hope thats clear???