Thread: Error 1920 : Installing MS Office 2010 beta on Windows 7 64-bit

Error 1920 : Installing MS Office 2010 beta on Windows 7 64-bit

Hi,

I have repeatedly tried to install MS Office 2010 beta. I always get the following error: Error 1920 Osppsvc The service could not be started. Make sure you have sufficient privileges to start system services. I want to install via the admin account and using the normal account, no success. Can you tell me why I getting Error 1920 while installing MS Office 2010 beta on Windows 7 64-bit. This service, I can not find it. Maybe someone knows the solution?

re: Error 1920 : Installing MS Office 2010 beta on Windows 7 64-bit

After registering, you can use the version (I recommend for both on the 32-bit and on the 64-bit version of Windows 7) select language and your software is running. The download of Office Professional Plus 2010 Beta can take one hours or more. The exact time depends on your Provider, Your bandwidth and your data size. If your download is interrupted it will resume where it left off. So some files may be missing. Try to download it again and then install.

Even I am getting the same error message, Error 1920 Service Office Protection Platform (osppsvc) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient rights to start services. In services, I go into the Log On tab, I can see Network Service account is checked. I try to run, says not enough rights to run. Change to login to the system account, the service starts. Then continue the installation of office. Reaches the end, reports an error installing and setbacks. What could be the reason?

To remove installation MS Office 2010 beta error 1920, go to Start ,under Control Panel, Select large icons and click Administrative Tools. Click services. Then go to "Windows Search" and see if it says disabled next to the service. If you right click it and select Properties. In the Startup type to choose or automatic (delayed start) which I think is the default and press start and click OK.Otherwise, if the service says only that stopped just right click and select Start. If the service refuses to start, right click and select Properties and click the Log On tab and select "Local System Account" option and try to start the service again (if you still get an error starting service try posting it here).

If you cancel the installation program you may receive this error message, run the installation program after following these steps.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel and double-click Administrative Tools.
    2. In the Administrative Tools dialog box, click Active Directory Users and Computers.
    3. In Active Directory Users and dialog, expand YourDomainName in the left pane, in the saved queries.
    4. Click Users, click RTCHSDomainServices in the right pane and then click Properties.
    5. In the Properties dialog box RTCHSDomainServices, click the Member Of tab and then click Add.
    6. In the Select Groups dialog box, type Administrators, click Check Names, and then click OK twice.

Try ccleaner, it is a very good and fast program for your PC to clean them. With CCleaner you temporary files, user traces, cookies and internet traces (including browsing history, typed addresses and automatically filled words) of Internet Explorer, Opera, and Mozilla Firefox / SeaMonkey clean. CCleaner also has a built-in high speed and good registry cleaner which detects flaws in the Windows registry and restore. Then again try installation.