Thread: Turn off Autorun

Turn off Autorun

How can i turn off the autorun on my DVD Rom and on removable disks? As i connects any usb pen drives or inserts any disk in the DVD rom , they gets play automatically. I can't find the option to turn off this autorun feature. Please help, i'm using XP. Thanks

Re: Turn off Autorun

You can turn off autorun in your DVD rom easily, Do as follow:

Right-click on the drive icon of your DVD drive -> select Properties -> go to AutoPlay tab, and choose the desired action for each type of CD.

For example, to set the action for Music CD's , you need to choose Music CD, then click Select an action to perform, then select Take no action. etc

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

If you using Windows Vista then in Control Panel go to AutoPlay and change every option to "Ask me every time". If you using Windows XP in My Computer On Removable Storage right click on the device of which you want to turn off the autorun such as DVD Drive and then click on Properties. On the AutoPlay tab click each media content in turn and select Prompt me each time to choose an action. Click OK and you've turned off autorun. You can use the Group Policy settings to disable all Autorun features as follow:

• Click Start, click Run, type Gpedit.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.
    • Under Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, and then click System.
    • In the Settings pane, right-click Turn off Autoplay, and then click Properties
    • Click Enabled, and then select All drives in the Turn off Autoplay box to disable Autorun on all drives.
    • Click OK to close the Turn off Autoplay Properties dialog box.
    • Restart the computer.