Thread: illustrator won't print gradient

illustrator won't print gradient

I want to draw simple object drawn in Illustrator that I want to import into flash. I read somewhere in the blog that "Upcoming v0.47 has an improved exporter to EPS." Does it mean that gradients created in Inkscape will no longer create bitmaps when the .eps is opened in Adobe Illustrator 8? No matter what I try, it will not work, Please let me know how you have solve this problem.

Re: illustrator won't print gradient

The gradient uses five control points; have not tried fewer control points. If I create an eps with opaque gradients using Inkscape and open that eps in Inkscape I get bitmaps of objects with gradients. This still doesn't have to mean that you'll get bitmaps if you open it in AI. The spot color version of same gradient uses only one PMS color at different tint values (outputs on imagesetters without problem). Converting to CMYK makes no difference (still flushes).

I am wanting to make vectors to submit to stock websites, so I am limited to their policies as far as what format things have to be uploaded in. standard radial gradient fills won't automatically follow the edges of an object. They'll generally be circular and clipped by the bounding box of the object, rather than conformed to the object itself. Specifically I need to upload vectors as .eps and have it not rasterize anything when opened in Illustrator 8, which is still the industry standard for some reason.

One more thing you can do to this to add a little style to your gradients is adjust the center point. This is a really simple process, and I add it in here just for your edification in case you were unaware of it. Your weakest link here isn't Inkscape or Illustrator, it's EPS. EPS is simply not a suitable format for preserving vector information. Even Illustrator will rasterise many elements of a drawing when saving as an EPS. To realign the center point, click on the Gradient tool in the Tool palette.