Thread: Media Center Amazon Plugin

Media Center Amazon Plugin

Hi,
    I have a Vista MCE edition in my home which is connected to my Xbox 360 and 2 LCD TV set. I have extender also which was previously used in Windows XP MCE. Now I had connected to the new system and it is not detected by Windows. What should I do here to use the extender. It is a Blu Ray DVD player. I also want to know how can I use a mouse and keyboard in media center instead of remote. What is maximum storage time that media center offers. And I need some plugins for the system especially Amazon.

Re: Media Center Amazon Plugin

There are ample of plug in available for Media Center. I enjoys the most amazing and funny plug in called Pimp My Xbox. It has hundreds of pictures which varies category wise and movies in it. Then if you Blu Ray player is not functioning properly try to add a Blu Ray plug in. It is developed by Cyberlink and it is free for MCE. You can directly watch pictures from this Plug in. You can not only watch but create back, hd dvd, etc by using it. Other than this you can use Last.FM plug in. A FM library for Media center with cd/dvd label cover and thumbnail view. Netfilx is the most popular on demand movie plug in. A MCE browser plug in to surf internet on the media center screen.

First you will have to determine that your Media Extender is not Windows XP Media center based. If it is then it will not work on Vista Media Center. It is not compatible. But if it is not then you just a need a proper driver update. You can directly connect the media extender to the PC and then sync the file out of it. At one time you can add upto 5 media extenders. Just go to the device manager and update a proper driver. Otherwise it not work. The same update can be downloaded from the official site of Extender.

As far as I know it depend on your hard drive capacity. The recording and storage quality is better. I can give you simple explanation from which you can determine the storage capacity as per the size of hard drive. A fair quality of 1 hour video will eat 1Gb space, a good quality will eat 2 Gb and the HD will consume around 2.5Gb for every one hour. It is also possible to use mouse and keyboard in media center. Here is the way how you can do it. Just connect it to your pc. You can see a arrow on the screen it works same as it is working on your computer. You can use right click, select by dragging and scrolling option also. In keyboard you can use the arrow keys and number lock keys.