Thread: Cannot Play 3Gb video file in Windows

Cannot Play 3Gb video file in Windows

Hi,
    I had copied some recorded videos from my mobile to my PC via Nokia PC suite. The files are in the format of 3gp. What is a 3gp file. I double click on it to run it. But Windows Media player prompted that cannot play the file. After talking to my friend I came to conclusion that I need to download ffdshow codec pack. I had done the same. But even after that it is not working. What should I do to play those file. And if want to them to convert it in HD type movie what does I will need. I am worrying about the resolution and quality of the video. It is really dull in the mobile. Thanks in advance.

Re: Cannot Play 3Gb video file in Windows

3GP is type of a file format. It is actually a form of container which holds up audio and video streams in it. It is the most common mobile video format. Basically all the videos recorded in maximum mobile is stored in this type only. So here you will need a good converter to convert them into a proper format. I will recommend you to use Xilisoft video converter. It is a fully dedicated converter tool which is available on multiple site. The audio and video quality of a 3gp file is limited to the mobile. So you cannot a get a widescreen picture and high quality sound. But atleast you can view them on different mobile also.
    WMP 11 and 3GP Files

The most easiest and best option is download and install VLC media player. A freeware open source software available on most of the site for a free download. It has strong engine which can read and convert almost any type of audio and video file format. Just add the 3gp file in it and then stream it to h.264 or mpeg4 format. You will see a really high quality video and audio. You can view those files in a free Nokia player which is accompanied with the PC suite. Just check your computer. It comes by default.

3gp files are recorded in video. So the resolution, image size and audio volume is determined by the recorder program in the mobile. You can increase them to some extent by using a good converter but you cannot get it like a DVD movie output. It is not possible. If you mobile supports a high end camera then it is possible. Other thing you are using a old version of FFDshow codec. Because of which Windows Media Player does not read the 3gp format. Download and install the latest copy of it. The new version is equipped in reading more newer version of format and plus a conversion service.