Thread: Change the Default Location of Media Center

Change the Default Location of Media Center

Hi,
    I want to build up my own Media Center PC at the home. So I just visited my friends house. He is running a older version of Media Center .i.e. Media Center 2005. After using the center the some doubt arise in my mind. The first one is what is default location of Media Center where it stores the recorded shows. If the directory is filled up then what is the way to change the location. Second thing what are the requirements to build up a Media Center. Is it compulsory to buy a expensive TV Tuner card. How can I set my Media Center in my living room. What would be the easiest way to do this job instead of putting really long cables and boxes. And if I need to take a backup of my Media Center in case of Windows format then what should I do. Thanks in advance. Any suggestions really appreciated.

Re: Change the Default Location of Media Center

The default location of Media Center is in your Windows Drive. You can change it buy editing Windows Registry key. First the default location is Windows Drive that can be C: > Document & Settings > Shared Folders > Videos. In this folder all your recorded shows are kept. You can directly copy them from here and paste it anywhere you to increase the disk space of your hard drive. The other way you find the exact location by importing any recorded music or video in Windows Media Player playlist. Then right click on the music and select properties. Select find target. The default folder location will pop up on your screen. To change the location click on Start > Run > Type Regedit. Navigate to the path - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Recording. Add or Edit the sting value here - Filenaming. The by default is Temp Folder. You can find some recorded shows in that folder also.

Windows XP Media Center or Windows Vista Media Center is full package of entire programs and application to view your Live TV or Radio, Digital Center PC, channels, etc. The package support a Multi Tuner support. That means you can view and record programs at time of watching channels or scheduled to some appropriate time. Support HDTV. DVD burning & Internet Radio support. You need to have a Media Center PC to make your own Media Center. There are multiple new edition now as per the operating system. The Media center works will all normal TV's and gave an awesome and easy output. Get a good Network card and mainly all Media Center PC are equipped with a good TV Tuner card. So it is not necessary to buy a expensive one. Just hook up your all video, audio, dock, etc to the PC and sync them. You can configure all your display from your PC. To set up a common Media Center at home you need a entire Media Center PC with SVG Extension cable, Wireless keyboard & Mouse, a receiver and a composite video cable. You will receive everything when you buy a new Media Center pc.

There are basically two ways by which you can backup your entire media center data. The first one is burn a disc or use a really cool application called MCE backup tool. The download link is attached below. First I will list you some features of MCE backup tool. The tool can backup a TV channel list, schedule recording, recorded TV shows on the hard disk or from a network drive, backup more additional folder on use requrest, automated back service, compatible with Vista & XP, command line option in GUI mode and transfer entire Media Center setting to the different computer. The requirement to run this software is .net framework 2.0. Now the second option is directly burning everything on a CD or DVD. First insert a Disc adn then press the start button in the media center. Go to more programs and select create CD/DVD. Choose your photos, videos, music, etc and burn the disc.