Thread: How to edit WMV files

How to edit WMV files

Hi,, I hope you all guys can help me out for the same. I have some important videos in WMV format that i need to edit to add some subtitles and also wanna work on their size.

So i wanted to know is there any way to edit files in WMV format ? If yes, please let me know, no matter whether using any third party software or doing it manually.

Please reply soon.

Re: How to edit WMV files

Well, there are lots of third party utilities that can help you out for the same. The one and the best i can suggest you is Blaze Media Pro. includes a powerful and fast video editor feature to edit WMV, AVI, MPG, and ASF files with ease. To use this feature, click "Edit Video" from the main interface. From the resulting editor window, you can then open the WMV file (or other format) you wish to edit, perform the desired editing operation(s), and save the WMV file (or other format) back to the same filename or a new file. Direct video editing is available for WMV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVI (uncompressed), AVI (compressed using any available codec), and ASF.

Blaze Media Pro provides comprehensive video editing operations (delete frame, delete selection, crop, resize, rotate, mirror, flip, trim, text overlay, adjust audio volume, etc.). In addition, an extensive list of over 30 effects and color adjustment operations allow for powerful video enhancement and alternation. WAV, WMA, and MP3 audio files can be inserted into the video or extracted from the video; and BMP, GIF, JPG, PCX, PNG, RAS, PPM, TGA, and TIF are the supported image formats that can be inserted or extracted.

Download Blaze Media Pro

In order to edit WMV files, you will need to use special editing software. You can try Movica that is free of cost. It allows you to edit all formats in one program via a simple graphical user interface.Once installed on your computer, you can launch the program.With this software, you can launch the program right from the top toolbar. This will allow you to view all files that the software including Wmv files supports. You would be a thumb nail of your WMV file to see. Once located double click the file.Movica allows you to select or delete multiple portions from a video file, copy, paste and fine tune the selections and join them together.

Most editing software's are not free and can cost from $20 to several hundred dollars for professional tools. You can do it windows movie maker as well. Try uncompressing the .wmv if you have enough space on the harddrive.