Thread: how to delete outlook

how to delete outlook

Hello , I have a windows xp computer , i want to completely delete the outlook from my computer , can you tell me how can i delete the outlook application from my computer, i just want to delete the microsoft outlook only , not the whole office , please help me thanks in advance

Re: how to delete outlook

Hello , Goto Start then Run ... and enter appwiz.cpl press OK or enter
    In Add or Remove Programs , click Add or Remove Windows Components and in the window that opens uncheck Outlook Express before making Next.this way outlook express will be uninstall from your computer

- In the Start menu, click Run
    - Enter the following command: (copy / paste to avoid spaces and mistake )

"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:OE uninstall /prompt

- Confirm by clicking OK Restart the computer.
    Microsoft Outlook Express should now be completely uninstalled!

Microsoft Outlook Express is mail client provided with Microsoft Windows. Thus, it does not appear in Add / Remove Programs. If you want to uninstall it from your system, it is possible to use the uninstall process follows:

• In the Start menu, click Run
    • Enter the following command: C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\setup50.exe /APP:OE UnInstall /PROMPT
    • Confirm by clicking OK

And do not forget to export your emails and your contacts

anotherway , if you not like outlook and want to use some other mail client without uninstalling the outlook, then Pull down the menu Start, Default Programs. In the Choose a configuration, click Custom. In the Choose a default mail program, click the name of the e-mail software that you want to use. Warning: the case of Outlook 2000 or XP, it does not appear in this list. Opposite the option Outlook Express, clear the Enable access to the program. Click OK and wait a few moments, the time the changes to take effect. Outlook will no longer appear in the menus, but it will not be uninstalled,

i forgot my password and user name in my microsoft outlook 2007 how will I be able to use my outloook on my pc

Quote Originally Posted by joycecastillo View Post
    i forgot my password and user name in my microsoft outlook 2007 how will I be able to use my outloook on my pc
    Try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. It may ask you for a new account... I hope this helps... All the best...

You can delete Microsoft Outlook Express from your computer. This will free up hard drive space and further protect your computer from email attacks. Under the profile settings you need to determine if the deliver location is to a personal folder (.pst), and then the location of that PST, Usually C:\Docs and Settings\[User]\Local Settings\App Data\Microsoft\Office.

smile Re: how to delete outlook

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    Try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. It may ask you for a new account... I hope this helps... All the best...
    Thanks Solomon.

I tried it before, I even re-install the whole microsoft office, but still the same problem it gaves me.

If you forgotten your Outlook PST password or Mail account passwords Use Office Password Recovery Toolbox is a comprehensive solution for recovering MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access,passwords.

jsmart7 Guest

You cannot do that, because it is a system application. It comes with Windows by default. If only you can play with registry, you may disable it or delete, but that again may probably delete important files of your OS, and damage the OS.

mohitstellar Guest

If you are working with MS Outlook 2007 & have forgotten its password, you can go for Stellar Phoenix Outlook Password Recovery software which is an advanced tool for the recovery of lost or forgotten PST passwords.