Thread: Setup HDHomeRun for QAM in Vista MCE

Setup HDHomeRun for QAM in Vista MCE

Hi,
    I had just completed building my Vista MCE. I had manually configured the cables properly on the Media Center. I had downloaded the beta drivers for QAM. What is the way by which I can scan for QAM channels at the time of setup. I am now receiving very few channels. Then to just to configure I had deleted the QAM.ini file and then scan the entire thing back again. But still the only old channels. If anyone uses the same then please post some appropriate suggestions for the same.

Re: Setup HDHomeRun for QAM in Vista MCE

The QAM channels are transmitted by the cable company. So the first thing you have to check out the availability of QAM in your area. Or either you can add up a set top box to get those channels. Many cables companies transmits the channel on the base of on demand service. So if you want those channel you have to contact your service provider for the same. If still the problem is not gone then you will have to re-install QAM in your Media Center. Also try to map the ATSC channels to the QAM tuner. By this you can add more channels which are available in your area.

The driver can be the problem in your Media Center. Because to which the QAM channels are not properly identified by our Tuner card. There are numerous QAM channels with are digitally broadcast by the cable company. So either choose a OTA or QAM. Both of them in your MCE can give no response. I think QAM is much better. Update your Tuners driver and then try to re-install a QAM again.

I am posting a way by which I a make my HDHomeRun on QAM. Normally HDHomeRun is a kind of network based dual ATSC tuner device which is connected to your Media Center to receive the digital channels. Run the setup of HDHomeRun. Then select Digital cable as source and then the Media Center. Now click on the Lineup Tab and then select Edit button which is placed next to the Digital Cable channels. Click on the Scan button. After than click on Advanced button to see the guide. Open the channel guide. Now you have to see each guide that what channels you want to add and what you do not.