Thread: Internet drivers not seeming to work

question Internet drivers not seeming to work

The other day our laptop was lucky enough to experience the "blue screen of death." I got past this by re-installing Windows XP. However, now I can't get on the Internet. We have a Drivers disc, but when we try to install the drivers, or "extract" the information, it won't follow through.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Also, is it at all possible to retrive a file that was on the computer before I re-installed Windows?

Re: Internet drivers not seeming to work

The reason for your blue screen of death can be due to this driver there may be problem in hardware peripheral that you trying for connection so you are not able to get connection as not able to install driver now try to get most latest driver check in device manager for any yellow mark on device else better to contact service center.....

Re: Internet drivers not seeming to work

You are facing this problem because of your inappropriate Ethernet driver. To update the driver right click on My Computer > Properties > Device manger > Network adapter. If it has exclamation mark or any other symbol then it means you need to update the drive. Insert your motherboard CD. Then in Device Manager right click on the Network adapter. Go to driver tab and select update driver. Select download automatically. If still does not work then note down the name of hardware under the category of Network adapter. Go on the internet and download the relevant driver.