Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How do I open img file

Windows Software

Old 18-08-2009

How do I open img file

I got a lot of img files from my relative which belongs to our family function. I downloaded this files on my computer but the problem is that I am unable to open this file. Can you help me how do I open these img files? I am running Windows XP operating system on my computer. Please help because I am eager to see this files!

Old 18-08-2009

Re: How do I open img file

IMG files are "disk images" which are common on the Macintosh. IMG files were used by earlier versions of Mac OS and replaced by .DMG file format in newer Mac OS X. You can open the img files using WinRAR in Windows or even deamon tools.
Old 18-08-2009

You can use Virtual CloneDrive to open img file. Virtual CloneDrive allows you to work on any type of image file format.

Virtual CloneDrive Features
  • Supports all common image formats such as ISO, BIN, CCD including .img
  • Supports up to 8 virtual drives at the same time
  • Easy to use - just double-click an image file to mount as a drive
  • Virtual CloneDrive is freeware, you may use it at no cost.
Old 18-08-2009

Try WinImage or WinISO. WinImage is a disk imaging application for Microsoft Windows. Its features include creating, reading and editing disk images. WinImage is able to mount or read img files. On the contrary, WinISO is a CD-ROM image file utility that can open or convert BIN, ISO or IMG files. It works only on Windows 95, Windows 98/98SE, Windows Me, Windows NT4, Windows 2000 or Windows XP operating systems.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,