Thread: My Hauppauge receives poor signal

My Hauppauge receives poor signal

I am facing some bad issues nowadays. My home theater system receives really poor quality channels. The images on the TV goes to full noise and some channels are even not clear. Does my TV tuner card is responsible for this. I am using a Hauppauge TV Tuner card. Does my card is not working properly or I need a replacement. The card is not so old to get a replacement. Any suggestions really appreciated.

Re: My Hauppauge receives poor signal

First thing you will have to make ensure that which is faulty. Is it a TV tuner card problem or broadcasting issue. There can be multiple reason behind this. There can be some disturbance in the channel transmission. A analog channel is more noisy on PC than on a TV. You will need to contact your cable tv provider for the same. Or otherwise just try to update the firmware of your card and check the cables.

Every channel which is broadcast has a different frequency. So there is difference in signal quality also. Every channel uses a set of frequency which are transmitted in the form of Radio Frequency and in return it is decoded by the TV tuner card. So everything here depends on the PCI card on the board. Definitely your TV tuner has some problem in it. First update the firmware and then check the power supply.

First lets try some manual setting in the Media Center. Go to Guide and then select the channel. Now select Edit channel and then Edit Sources. Now if you do some simple configuration settings here then you can adjust the quality of channels. It can also a problem toward the service provider part. Once done and still there is lot of noise in the channel then try a different TV Tuner card.