Thread: Windows Media Center TV Pack 2008

Windows Media Center TV Pack 2008

Hi,
    I have a Windows Vista Media center with a Digital TV connection at my home. I had connected a 52" LCD TV and a surround sound system. I heard that recently Microsoft has released Windows Media Center TV Pack 2008 update. What is the update about. My Media center works fine so is it necessary for me to download it and install it anyhow. Under what condition does it is necessary to download the update. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows Media Center TV Pack 2008

It is a cumulative update for the Media Center. The pack would add many additional support for the Vista MCE. The main target for the update is to provide support for international broadcast standards. The update is only of license version. It consist of a Integrated services digital broadcasting, digital audio and video broadcasting, clear QAM, etc. Unfortunately the update does not support paid HD channel services.

I had updated my Media Center by installing the TV pack. The only problem is that it needs a clean installation of Windows. If you have any error then you cannot use the update. The new in it is the playback is great but there is now preview image of the recorded shows. Only the image is assign to the newly recorded shows. The user interface is different and it provides a info screen about the version and other information. It is a kind of a upgrade. So if you are satisfied with your system then just keep it aside for future.

It is a regular update by Microsoft for Windows Media System. Especially for Vista edition. It for issues like the extenders to media center gives trouble while connecting, more improved experience for recording analog tv, etc. So if you want just go to Microsoft site and download it. Run the update and then restart your system.