Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to relocate temprec directory in Media Center

Windows Software

Old 18-08-2009

How to relocate temprec directory in Media Center

I was watching my live TV on Windows Vista Media Center. When I press the stop button the application is still recording the channel and then copying to the hard drive. After a quiet search I found the I cannot relocate the location of temprec directory. Why this so. How can I change the default location of the temprec directory. And what are the ways to increase the TV buffer size to increase the speed of channel.

Old 18-08-2009

Re: How to relocate temprec directory in Media Center

I was too looking for the same solution. I had tried out many times but could not found a appropriate solution. At last looking in somewhere on the internet I found that you can maka a symlink in visa or a hard drive link in Windows XP to change the same location. Otherwise edit the below registry keys to do the same action. Click on Start > Run > Regedit and navigate to the path - [HLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\DVR\IO\Writer\DVRDirectory"="F:\\Recorded TV\\TempRec\\"
Old 18-08-2009

Temprec is the file of Media Center which used for time shifting. It normally records the channel that you are viewing currently which allows you pause, rewind and fast-forward on a live TV. When the files bcomes too large then it ask for a restart and then Media center tries to allocate some free space. So if you are watching a TV for a long time then file grows to extremely big and then lows your system performance. The location is set by default and you cannot edit it.
Old 18-08-2009

The following solution can increase up your Buffer size and increase your channel speed. First click on Start Menu > Run > Type Regedit. Then type HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows \Cur rentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners. Now change the value for BackingFileDuration set 300, you will get 1 hr by setting BackingFileDuration to 600, in the same way 900 for 1.5 and 1200 for 2 hrs.
Old 11-12-2009

how do I change FF/RW buffer speed/time?
Old 11-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
I was too looking for the same solution. I had tried out many times but could not found a appropriate solution. At last looking in somewhere on the internet I found that you can maka a symlink in visa or a hard drive link in Windows XP to change the same location. Otherwise edit the below registry keys to do the same action. Click on Start > Run > Regedit and navigate to the path - [HLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\DVR\IO\Writer\DVRDirectory"="F:\\Recorded TV\\TempRec\\"
I can't change location of TempRec in Windows 7

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,