Thread: How to install wamp

How to install wamp

I am looking for information on wamp. Does any one know how to install wamp? I am running windows on my computer. Do i need to remove any temporary folder or any setup file before installing wamp.

Re: How to install wamp

WAMP is an open source, simple installation package that bundles together Apache, MySQL, and PHP into one tight little Windows package. To install wamp Click Next on the initial setup screen > select I accept the agreement and then click the Next button > Click Next to continue > Decide if you want to have WAMP Quick Launch and/or Desktop icons, and click Next >Finally, click Install.

You can download a free copy of the WAMP5 Server from the WAMP Server home page. Locate the downloaded file and double click the file to launch the installation. When you open the wizard follow the instruction given on the wizard.If WAMP5 is installed on your computer, save your data, uninstall it and delete the WAMP5 directory before installing WampServer 2.

Locate the downloaded set up file and double-click on it. You will be faced with an alert window warning you not to upgrade from WAMP5 1.x. Click on Yes to continue (if you are having old version and you want upgrade).The WAMP5 Setup Wizard will appear. Click Next. On the License Agreement screen select the radio button for I accept the agreement then click on Next. At the Select Destination Location you can change the install directory. Decide if you want to have WAMP Quick Launch and/or Desktop icons, and click Next. Finally, click Install. The Installing screen will appear indicating the installation process. If necessary, check Launch WAMP5 and click Finish to complete the Installation.