Thread: Where is the wmp11 library

Where is the wmp11 library

I Have window Media player 11, I have a problem with my wmp11 Library , I Cannot Seem to Locate the files in my library , all the files Seem to be missing from , please tell me how can i fixed these issue , please help me thanks in advance

Re: Where is the wmp11 library

There are two easy ways, to this category views in Windows Media Player to access. Simply click on the icon with the note left on the navigation pane to open the drop-down list, or click the Library tab to access the context menu.
    also In the folder “C:\Documents and Settings\**username**\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\”, several files named after “CurrentDatabase_***.wmdb” & “LocalMLS_*.wmdb” are the cache files for the WMP 11 library. If you want to fix any library related issues, or just want WMP 11 to reindex your media, simply delete all of these files.

To resolve the problem, delete the Windows Media Player database. To do this, follow these steps:

Quit Windows Media Player.

Windows XP:
    Click Start, click Run, type% userprofile% \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Media Player, and then click OK.

Windows Vista:
    Click Start, click Run, type% LocalAppData% \ Microsoft \ Media Player, and then click OK.
    Select all the files in the folder and then click the File menu, click Delete.

Note: The folder in the existing folder do not delete them.
    Start Windows Media Player.

Note: Windows Media Player automatically creates the new database.

The Windows Media Player library uses a newer and more robust database for the storage of media data. These are the name, location, the associated images, the ID3 tags and WMA tags of each file. This database is located in the following folder.

Windows XP:
    % userprofile% \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Media Player

Windows Vista:
    LocalAppData%% \ Microsoft \ Media Player
    As with any database can be stored in the database information or the database itself may be damaged. In general, the database of Windows Media Player library automatically after damage are restored. Possibly the database is so damaged, however, that Windows Media Player, the database no longer can restore.