Thread: shdocvw.dll is corrupt

shdocvw.dll is corrupt

My IE is not opening anymore, i'm getiing the error messege saying C:\program files\internet explorer\SHDOCVW.dll is not a valid Windows image. What it does means? I'm using the CCleaner , ran it twice but it also doesn't solved my problem , please help me out.

Re: shdocvw.dll is corrupt

Make a bootable CD with the help of this stuff and burn that shdocvw.dll on it as well . First get an NTFS boot disk , many places on the web provides that, place a good "SHDOCVW.dll" on it, and once booted, find the dll using "dir shdocvw.dll /s" to locate the bad DLL on your hard disk ad copy the SHDOCVW.dll from the Floppy to replace it. Do not download shdocvw.dll from a "DLL download" website. There are many reasons why downloading a DLL file is a bad idea. If you need a copy of shdocvw.dll, it's best to obtain it from its original, legitimate source.

There is something wrong with your IE installation. The shdocvw.dll file is usually installed in the Windows system folder. First close all the programs and delete or rename the copy of shdocvw.dll which is in c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer folder. Now when you'll start the IE again, it should use the copy of the shdocvw.dll located in your system folder.

Start -> Run-> CMD -> sfc /scannow , See if that fixes it. Assuming you have merely tricked Windows File Protection, not disabled it.