Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What does via raid do?

Windows Software

Old 13-08-2009

What does via raid do?

What does via raid do?, When ever i boot my pc it shows up ? Can any one tell me what is this ? what kind of tool is this .
Thanks for the help .

Old 13-08-2009

Re: What does via raid do?

VIA are manufacturer of hardware.and RAID is use for multiple hard disks as a single unit, either for speed or backup reasons (or both).
The VIA RAID Tool implies you have a VIA chipset on you motherboard. The tool will enable you to modify your RAID configuration in particular in regards to enabling and disabling hard drives.
Old 13-08-2009

The Via Raid Tool are used to config and adjust the Via Raid array. Via means the motherboard that is in your system . Raid stands for Redundant Array Independent Disks . Array are in line which writes your system or accesses any individual HDs and uses each as a volume of one.
Old 13-08-2009

Via Raid controllers could only be used as storage drives in Raid 0 or 1 and not a single drive.If you are NOT running a RAID on your computer, just unistall the program as it is not needed for anything.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: