Thread: Which is the best defrag tool?

Which is the best defrag tool?

Which is the best defragmentation application that you are using? I would like to get the defrag tool which runs only when i do run it not like keep running in background all the time. Do you know any best tool like that ?

Re: Which is the best defrag tool?

Defraggler is the best one. It better from other defrag softwares because its allows you to easily and quickly defrag the files you want, without having to drive the entire process. Just run it, select the file and defragment in seconds. And remember like all Piriform products, Defraggler is completely free for both corporate and individual use.

Another good ones are: MyDefrag , Power Defragmenter.

The defrag tool that comes with Windows does a decent job. Not a good job, but a decent job. The defrag part of TunUp Utilities works well and automatically all the windows next to the track, even outside the new updates that usually end up in any space fit when you d/l them.

Diskeeper 2008 is optimized for background defragmentation and does much better than running as is suggested in comparison with the manual operation mode. I have always left in the background defrag mode, and he has done very well. The only time I even need to access the GUI from time to time to check the status of the units. Even defragged my 160 GB hard drive , which was packed with MS Office documents, gazillions of JPEG / TIFF, etc, when there were only about 4% of free space left.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

My favourite defragger is Diskeeper 2009. It's really powerful - defrags system files, page file (boot-time defrag) and is very flexible...you can leave it on full auto background defrag (recommended) or schedule it when you want to, or run it manually.

smile Re: Which is the best defrag tool?

I'm using the Tune Up Utilities.There is a part in that software called Drive Defrag.You can use it to defrag your hard disk.Also you can schedule this task anytime you want.

I will vote for Diskeeper 2009. It is a best software for defraging the hard disk and restore the sectors. The software is designed to provide optimum productive and maximum performance. It is tool which restores your systems speed and makes it more reliable. It restores multiple conflicts issue among the drivers and other applications. It also offers a protection shield for system durability.

perk Guest

Diskeeper is my fave too. I normally use the auto mode as it works without any hassle.