Thread: Uninstall ati drivers

Uninstall ati drivers

Hello everybody,

I am with a ATI Radeon 7000.I installed the latest catalyst for my ati card but not able to play any game.So decided to install the previous catalyst but when I visit in order to wash away the program I get the error: "Unable to uninstall older or non-ati display drivers".There is an ati software uninstall utility in add/remove programs but I'm not sure if I should need to uninstall it.How do I reinstall the older catalyst,I have downloaded it already.Can anybody offer some kind of help here.it would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance..

Re: Uninstall ati drivers

All right, I got you Some times you have to install or reinstall the old version before you can uninstall it. It seems some/a files get corrupt or misplaced rendering the uninstall program ineffective.One more thing you can try that is try uninstalling the application from safe mode

I was having similar problem with my9000. I went to device manager, and removed the 7000 adapter then reboot. This will give you the wizard of found new hardware on reboot. Don't use the wizard, avoid it. Now install the previous version of Catalyst which I guess you with you. The thing is that with Radeon cards and drivers is clashes with the MoBo chipsets. I have VIA chips on MoBo, and I use a very early version of the 4in1 drivers (1.38) and I do not install the AGP driver for the MoBo chipset either as it clashes with the Radeon drivers. My advice for everybody is once you have a working combination of drivers for your hardware,

I just now used Drive Cleaner which i done without uninstalling the driver with the wizard and chosen ATI as the filter. It removed all traces of ATI drivers to left nothing in control panel, and after restarting, they were indeed gone. I installed the current (Catalyst 4.1) ATI driver and rebooted, and all is well. So, it will work for you that way.