Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows XP Recorder video playback problem

Windows Software

Old 13-08-2009

Windows XP Recorder video playback problem

Hi,
I had a bunch of videos which are recorder directly from a TV channel via Windows Media Center. Now I copied those videos on my usb and pasted them in a different XP pc. When I run the same those videos are not working. Media Player is giving error that file format not identified. I format does a Media Center records video. Please help.

Old 13-08-2009

Re: Windows XP Recorder video playback problem

The default folder where the Media Center stores the recorded videos is My Documents > Shared folder > Recording. You can see the video there. Then right click on them and select the properties. See the format. Second thing you can try is that double click on the video file. Window will ask you open the file from the list or search for the program online. Choose the second option.
Old 13-08-2009

The media center records the Digital Video in the form of DVR-MS. It is a format for videos which are a proprietary video. That means they are not for free but only for viewing purpose you can use it. The extension can be encoded to MPEG2 with a MPEG1 audio. The format contains a metadata which includes digital rights management.
Old 13-08-2009

There is converter tool called DVR-MS converter. It is a dedicated converter for videos recorded by media center. The tool is easy to use and convert the same to DVR-MS file to MPEG2 file. The conversion speed is fast and it can convert a 1gigs of data withing few minutes in mpeg2. The software is not a freeware and you will have to pay a small fee to download the same. The software offers a one click convert.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,