Thread: I can't get dban to boot

I can't get dban to boot

hi
    i am going to sell my pc but before that i wanted to use dban to flash my storage so tried to make floppy but some how i am not able to manage boot from it any one can help me to boot from dban ? how to use it ?
    thank you

Re: I can't get dban to boot

DBAN dispose and erase data simply and securely from computer hard disk. DBAN is available as either an ISO file you can burn to create a bootable CD, or as an installer that will allow you to create a bootable floppy or USB stick.

Method of Guttman (up to 37 passes per file), DoD (method of U.S. Defense Department) in 3 or 7 passes, Quick Erase to a rapid removal, etc.. Of course, each method offers a different level of security, but the level increases, it takes time (typically a good night for a hard way with the Guttman method ...)

DBAN is a bootable type Live CD, ie it works only without operating system. Simply install it on disk, USB drive or burn the ISO image on CD / DVD and boot your computer with access to program and erase your data securely ... Attention users only!

Almost every burning program will burn the DBAN boot media correctly with default burning options. Just double-click the ISO file.

We will ask that you try CDBurnerXP if you have any problems with CD-R or DVD-R boot media. You can get help from us for CDBurnerXP, but we don't usually provide support for other products.

CD-ROM drives manufactured before 1999 cannot reliably read burned media.

DBAN has been burned incorrectly if you see just one file on the drive when you open the CD-R or DVD-R in My Computer or Windows Explorer.

DBAN may not boot if you modify the ISO file or filesystem layout in any way, like by injecting files. Any change to the syslinux.cfg file requires ISO remastering.
    try here