Thread: How to rescan vista media center

How to rescan vista media center

I cannot see channels in my Vista Media Center. The channel list is disappeared. Can anyone tell me how rescan the entire vmc to get the channel list back again. I try to do the same by using the mini guide for some time but then it displays a blue screen with not TV signal. What is most best way to do this. If I watch a ATSC only then what I have to do for the same.

Re: How to rescan vista media center

I have faced the similar issue. I had wasted a long time in getting all the channels back. I had tried in scanning for movies services first then I picked up something. Anyhow I scan backed again and then start deleting all the channel first to generate a new list. Here the only issue is that I have to add the channels in Add List To Channel one by one. So this consumes a lot time. And the bad part is that I lost all the old settings because everything is created back again.

The most simple solution for this is to delete all the existing channels and then rescan the entire channel list back again. By this the old channels will go and then vmc can get maximum existing channels. The error can be due to conflict with remaining old channels and services. Then I scanned for some more new additional services. Just delete the old channels and set them back again as it was before.

You will need to re-install the epgstream.net. Hope this can help. Before that try this. Do a total rescan and reset your TV guide. Then stop vmc and download and run the below software. Then user unselect all. From our mouse select the channels. Then sort your channel. After that save the channels. Exit the tool and open VMC. Then go to task > settings > tv > guide. Update the guide. Then switch the channel to VMC interfac and save it in the form of prefs.xml
    MCE Guide