Thread: Download Diskeeper 2009: new version for defragmentation

Download Diskeeper 2009: new version for defragmentation

Diskeeper 2009, the newest version of the defragmentation utility for Windows, has just been announced by the American namesake. Available in several editions to meet the needs of the individual as those of large companies, this application is designed to optimize the performance of hard disks physically re-organizing the data on them.

Fragmentation is a phenomenon that slows the reading and writing data on a magnetic disk drive (current). It occurs when a single data file are physically placed at various locations on the hard disk, causing slowdowns, the playhead hard disk from time to travel from one area to another, rather than overfly one.The file systems used by Windows (NTFS mainly) are content to write data at the beginning of the hard disk, as the available space, even separate files at different locations. Over the deletions, copies and displacement, small spaces become available and are filled, creating fragmentation. The file systems used by Mac OS X (HFS) and Linux (EXT3) looking for their place in a file in an area large enough to host it at once.

On Windows, defragmenting is a good way to optimize its system. With Diskeeper 2009, according InvisiTasking improved since the 2008 version of the utility, is responsible for defragment the hard drive in real time, occupying a minimum of system resources and taking advantage of idle time during which the machine is not used. The defrag engines Titan Defrag Engine and Terabyte Volume Engine, respectively adapted to storage systems companies and individuals, to defragment a hard disk much more quickly than the utility built into Windows. The I-FAAST meanwhile, now in version 2.0, provides a performance gain additional information on the files most frequently used by an unspecified process, which it says the publisher to obtain a gain of 80% in reading as in writing.

Representation of a hard disk before and after defragmentation

Home Editions, Home Server and Pro Premier Edition Diskeeper 2009 are already available on the main site and you can enjoy all the functions of the program on an evaluation period of 30 days. At prices ranging from 30 euros to 100 euros, they integrate defragmentation engine more or less efficient and where appropriate technology I-FAAST, according to a segment described on the official website.

Download the Trial versions of Diskeeper Pro.

Re: Download Diskeeper 2009: new version for defragmentation

This software is enormous, I would highly recommend this to buy

I prefer Ultimate Defrag who manages the hard disk platters and really optimizes access times depending on the frequency of use of files

I've used Diskeeper professional 2009 since its release last year, and it's one of the best performing and most trouble-free utilities I have on my system. It's unintrusive, doesn't conflict with any other application and simply does a fantastic job of keeping the drives tidy. Highly recommended.