Thread: DVD not reading Original Movies disc

DVD not reading Original Movies disc

Hi,
    I am facing a severe issue in my Windows. My DVD drive is not reading Original movie dvd. The same drive is reading my games disc, data disc and other cd's. Recently my friend gave me HulK movie. The disc was original. When I insert it neither Windows Media Player neither Power DVD is recognizing it. Does it needs a kind of some special software to view the same.

Re: DVD not reading Original Movies disc

The original disc is copyright protected. All disc nowadays are write protected to stop piracy. All movies are not coming on anti piracy disc. This disc does not work on computer. You cannot play it neither you can copy it. If you open it, it will show a 1kb data. The best option will view the movie on your DVD player instead of on the computer.

Probably you need a firmware upgrade. Normally if the disc is write protected then anyways you cannot view it. But sometime due to a firmware upgrade the problem is solved. You can download the firmware from the official site of your DVD drive or just update the drive from Device Manager. Then try the same again. If not then the disc is write protected you cannot view it. It will only work on players not it computer.

This can due to corruption of Windows Universal Disc Format Driver. Many a times it happens that suddenly your DVD does not work properly. The file is saved in the form of Udfs.sys in the Windows directory. By this file the DVD drive recognize a DVD format and type. There are hotfix to fix the issue of the same on Microsoft site. Or you can just run a Windows Update to fix the problem. Just log in the site and provide you email id. Then you will be provided the download link on your email.
    Hotfix