Thread: Screen turn black while watching movies

Screen turn black while watching movies

Hi,
    My monitors screens turns black when I am playing a movie. This happens at a frequent interval. I did not understand the problem behind this. The disc is new and my DVD drive is not so old. It works fine in copying and writing a disc. I tired to copy the disc in my hard drive and play. But still the same problem. I am using WinAmp to view my video files. Thanks in advance.

Re: Screen turn black while watching movies

Download Klite codec pack. And then play those video files in Windows Media Player. It is possible that it can be codec issue. After updating the codec Windows Media Player can read entire audio and video formats. Also try to re-install your WinAmp player and try back again. Ensure that you video disc does not has any scratches or damages on the layer.
    Download K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.3.1 - Its Free !!

Update your video drivers. This normally happens when the video drivers are corrupted by virus or malicious software. This software and harmful virus damages windows core driver directory. You would have received a drive cd of your motherboard. Run the setup from that. Especially run setup of a vga, audio, video, etc. The problem will be solved.

The main reason behind this is your screen saver or any other desktop enhancement utility. Right click on My Computer and select Properties. Go to Screen Saver tab and from the drop down box select none. Do not assign any of them neither the time. Then go to power option and disable turn monitor off service. By this service the monitor is turned off automatically when it stays idle to save power.