Thread: Free up System Memory in Windows XP

Free up System Memory in Windows XP

Hi,
    My Windows hangs up very fast. In Task Manager there are lot of services running in the background and eating up the system memory. I want to know some tips to increase the system memory and computer speed. What can I do to increase the speed of computer. Which are the most common services which can be terminated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Free up System Memory in Windows XP

Here are some useful ways by which you increase the speed of you computer. The first thing you can do is remove all the unnecessary programs from your system. Then Go to Start Menu > Run. Type msconfig and click on OK. In the configuration window go to Startup option. Disable all the unnecessary services except Windows and Antivirus. Restart your system.

Here is a simple trick that can free up your system memory to a extent. Just right click on the desktop and select New > Shortcut. Then type or copy paste the following code - %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks. Assign name Freeup RAM. Then double click on it and run it. It will free up your maximum memory.

Try RAMPage tool. It is a windows utility that displays the amount memory used by the Windows and try to free you maximum memory. It works on the system tray and just by double clicking it terminates those activities that are eating up memory. This also improves stability and gives good performance. The software is a freeware.
    RAM Page