Thread: How to Create Photo Directory for the Employee with Excel data file

How to Create Photo Directory for the Employee with Excel data file

I wanted to create Photo Directory for the Employee with Excel data file, and also let me know how to create the photo directory, the step by step process would be better option for me.

Thanks in Advance

Re: How to Create Photo Directory for the Employee with Excel data file

To use an Excel spreadsheet with ASP code, you need to make sure that the spreadsheet data is properly formatted. I'd create a directory called "candidate pictures" and drag and drop the Word pictures into there. insert the pictures as floating images over a suitably sized cell. ADO picks up the column name from the first row of the spreadsheet. Therefore, each column needs a unique name.

The heading names in photodir.xls are "Last Name," "First Name," "Employee," "Extension," and "File Name." The data starts in row 2

You may download the softwares for photo directory that allows you insert photos to your directory. You'll need someone to take charge of scheduling the photo shoots and act as a liaison with the photo directories company if you use one. Compare companies and software. Both will create photo directories at no charge. If you would rather oversee all the production and cost is not a concern, purchase software to create a church photo directory, one option is Picture-Directory online.If you know the photos are all going to of be the same dimension (i.e. portraits), then just size all rows in the spreadsheet to the same height, and the column containing the images to the correct width.

you need to instantiate an ADO Connection object, using server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection"). Next, you need to tell ADO what provider and which driver to use, as well as where to find the database/spreadsheet file. Then insert the pictures as floating images over a suitably sized cell. They aren't actually the contents of the call, but they will still move and stay in the correct row when the whole table is sorted, or if you insert another row.