Thread: Process all marked headers and Outlook 2003

Process all marked headers and Outlook 2003

I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 on my Windows XP computer. I am using a limited bandwidth connection from my ISP. For this reason I want to make the optimium use of my network bandwidth. I sooner came to know that Outlook have a "Process all marked headers" kind of feature which can help you in your internet optimization. So I am here to collect as much information as possible about this feature. Can anyone tell me how to use "Process all marked headers" feature in Outlook?

Re: Process all marked headers and Outlook 2003

In Process All Marked Headers command, e-mail message headers do not contain the body of messages. You can choose to download only the headers and then select which messages you want to download immediately. By downloading the headers and then the messages that you want, you can reduce your connection time. After you download the headers, you can do one of the following with each header:
    • Mark the message to be downloaded and removed from the e-mail server.
    • Mark the message to be copied (leave a copy on the server).
    • Delete the message from the server without downloading it.

In this you simply download just the header of your mail. That means you can see the subject of an email with the sender's name but would not be able to open the email from your Outlook since it has not been downloaded into it. Now if you think you want to see then can go for downloading that particular email by selecting it from the list. But if you think the email that you have received is of no use or is a spam then you can delete it from the server itself by selecting the correct option.

You can configure your Outlook to perform certain tasks on stipulated messages only. First mark and unmark messages by going to Tools and then Send/Receive menu. On completion, go to Tools and then Send/Receive menu. Now select "Process Marked Headers" in order to process the headers which are currently present on your Inbox or select "Process All Marked Headers" to process marked headers in all folders.