Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to change the expiration date of folders in Lotus Notes

Windows Software

Old 11-08-2009

How to change the expiration date of folders in Lotus Notes

I am using Lotus Notes for my email client. We most of the times change the expiration of some documents but it consumes a lot of time. So we are looking for some other alternative. I thought of changing the expiration dates of folders. Is it possible for me to change the expiration dates of folders in Lotus Notes?

Old 11-08-2009

Re: How to change the expiration date of folders in Lotus Notes

I don't think it is possible in Lotus Notes. I know it is very tedious to always change the expiration date of each and every document but there is no other alternative. One thing that I want to ask is that which version of Lotus Notes are you having? I am using version 5 and I think it is getting older now. So I want to ask if the there is any newer version and is there any bugs detected in the newer version until now?
Old 11-08-2009

Well you are using a too old version. I am having Lotus Notes 8.5. It is simply great. IBM Lotus Notes 8.5 software provides users with a single point of access to help create, discover, and share knowledge, collaborate with teams, and take action. As traditional boundaries around work disappear, Lotus Notes 8.5 software helps users get work done quickly by connecting them to people and information throughout the enterprise and across the Internet.
Old 11-08-2009

Is there any particular system requirement for this or can I run on my Windows XP Professional computer? My computer specification include Intel's E6600 processor, Gigabyte ga-ma78gm-s2h motherboard, 2 GB ram with no sound and graphics card. Will this do to run Lotus Notes 8.5?
Old 11-08-2009

Lotus Notes 8.5 System Requirements
  • OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (32-bit) Service Pack 2 or later; Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit): Enterprise, Ultimate and Business Editions; SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) 10 XGL (32-bit) Service Pack 2; RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.2 Desktop (32-bit); Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop Edition (32-bit); Macintosh OS X 10.5.5 or later
  • Processors: Intel Pentium 4 with 1.2 GHz or higher
  • RAM: Windows XP - 512 MB minimum; Windows Vista or others - 1 GB minimum
  • Disk space: 900 MB (min) free space

So you fall in the limitations and thus can run it easily.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,