Thread: I want to make my pictures sideshow ScreenSaver.

I want to make my pictures sideshow ScreenSaver.

Hi,

I want to make my pictures sideshow ScreenSaver.

I know in default windows we have such option but I want to make my custome sideshow ScreenSaver. So I can make then in proper order pluse I can give the transition & audio effects too.

Can someone help me out with this?
    spuff

Re: I want to make my pictures sideshow ScreenSaver.

Hey I know what you are talking about. Even I remember myself when i bought this new laptop days ago I had such option to show my pictures as sideshow screen saver. I would love to do that again but it seems I don't recollect how to do that again. Can you tell me where i should do that happen again?

Thanks in advance.
    Mehfil

Well I tried this what you are telling me its just simple you need to go to the desktop properties & select the screen saver tab & then select my pictures.
    But the problem that I found is that you really don't have any control over what you want to show first in the screen saver sideshows order 7 you really have no option given in there to control the order or the flow or the effects.
    This is the reason I think why spuff wants to create a custom screen saver for his my pictures folder. But in this case too you don't have an option to automatically update the screen saver. What I mean is once you make a screen saver you need to do it again for any extra pictures or effects.

If you still want to have a screen saver for your my pictures folder pics you need to use a third party software & create a new one on your own. You can find such software if you can Google for free screen saver software.
    You will end up with many results.

Well i don't know if this is what you are searching for but ill try to help you with this problem of my pictures folder displaying the images as sideshow & screen saver.
    I suggest you to test this.
    You can create a folder for images you want to be shown on screen saver. Place your my pictures images to this folder say "x" Now you need to assign read only permission to that folder.
    Now you are about to configure the screen saver properties. In my picture screen saver properties you need to set the "X" folder. Set the interval. Un-check all check boxes at bottom. Now click OK & save.
    You are ready to test your screen saver.

I hope this helps you.