Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Adobe Photoshop 5.5 Not working

Windows Software

Old 11-08-2009

Adobe Photoshop 5.5 Not working

Hi,
I had downloaded Adobe Photoshop 5.5 from a free site. After installation when I run the application the software loads up and then it crashes. The menu appears and suddenly the software ends, a error message pop ups denoting that Windows Need to Shut down the application. I am runing a Windows XP x64 in my system with 1GB of RAM. So that means that I have enough system resource for the running the application.

Old 11-08-2009

Re: Adobe Photoshop 5.5 Not working

First check the minimum system requirement for the software you are using. Each software is designed separately to work on mulitple platforms. I think that the Adobe Photoshop 5.5 version which you had installed is a 32 bit version. Normally when you run a setup it shows you at the starting point the it is or it is not compatible. Get the version which is a 64 bit Windows Version.
Old 11-08-2009

There are two ways to clear up this thing. The first one is to get a new setup copy. The old one may have corrupted. And the second option is download Adobe Photshop CS4 x64 version from the Adobe site. The 64 bit version will give you a greater performance and speed. You have a 64 bit version of Windows which can be a trouble some for any downloaded software. You will have to ensure that the tool which you going to put must be a 64 bit compatible.
Old 11-08-2009

The setup you had downloaded must be a corrupted. Program sites which are downloaded from a free is not stable. It can contain a malware or spyware. This can make your system unstable. The best option is to get a license copy from the official site. You can also download a trail version of the application to checkout the features.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,