Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Use single Serial Key for Windows XP Home to Pro

Windows Software

Old 11-08-2009

Use single Serial Key for Windows XP Home to Pro

Hi,
I had purchase Windows XP Home Edition. But now I do not want to use it. I have genuine license key for the same product. I want to ask that is there a way by which I can upgrade Windows XP Home Edition to Windows XP Home Professional with the same serial number. I had never tried this but if it works then it will save my money instead of buying a entire new edition.

Old 11-08-2009

Re: Use single Serial Key for Windows XP Home to Pro

No you cannot do this. You cannot use the same serial key to upgrade Windows XP Home Edition to Windows XP ProfessionalEdition . If you do this then it is hack and you will loose your genuine license copy. The best option would be to contact Microsoft and ask for a upgrade. Just by paying a few amount not for new disc but just for a upgrade.
Old 11-08-2009

Well both are different product. Each has a different license key. And the license copy you purchased is for Home Edition. For the Professional Edition you will have to purchase a new one. The only best way is to login to Microsoft Site and select on upgrade. Just go to Microsoft Marketplace site select your region and buy a upgrade for the Windows Version. It will cost you less amount then purchasing a entire new copy.
Upgrade XP Home to Professional
Old 11-08-2009

This is a issue faced by many users. After installing Windows XP Home Edition many users are wants to upgrade it to Windows XP Professional edition due to lack of multiple features. But it is almost impossible to do that. Because you Windows CD does not have a Professional Upgrade. The solution is to download a upgraded version of Windows XP Professional Edition. A new license key can do this work.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,