Thread: USB data recovery ?

USB data recovery ?

Good evening everyone,
    I'm here to ask you for your help. I don't know whats wrong with my pen drive now. Its the iball USB 2.0, having capacity of 2 GB. It was working file in office, as i came to home and plugged it in my pc , the message box came with warning as the current device is not formatted, need to format or something. I said no, i can't access my usb flash drive anymore. Please help me recover some important data from my pen drive. Thanks lot for any help.

Re: USB data recovery ?

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

It happens because of different file systems. For example If you have MAC operating systems at office and the Windows OS at home, then you have to format it before using it on Windows. MAC journaled file system wont work on windows , but fat will work in windows as well as mac, If you haven't format it yet then backup it at office.

There are many usb recovery applications are available, yuo can try any of them, Download this one http://www.renewdata.com/software/GDB/gdbnt.zip It will scan your usb drive and will you report what to do with your usb drive, but its not free. For freeware application use the Handy Recovery.

With Handy Recovery you can browse the content of your disk like you do it in Windows Explorer. The only difference is that you see deleted files and folders along with the regular ones. The program can search for files by name or mask and show the probability of successful recovery for each file. Recovered files can be saved to any disks accessible on your system.