Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Burn iso to USB stick

Windows Software

Old 10-08-2009

Burn iso to USB stick

Hello,
I don't have the DVD or CD writer, i want burn the ISO file, can i burn ISO on my USB flash drive? Which software to use?

Old 10-08-2009

Re: Burn iso to USB stick

See, i haven't tried this but you can do if your USB flash drive is formatted as a bootable drive or if you have copy pasted the bootable ISO image file on your USB drive and your mobo supports the BIOS that has a support for USB bootable devices .
Old 10-08-2009

If you are talking about booting a linux iso. Then you simply copy as stated above not burn the iso image to the usb drive, the run syslinux and when prompted, select yes to make the usb drive bootable. DO the following:
  • Download Pendrive Linux
  • Using Winrar or another extraction program, extract the contents of Pendrive Linux into the root of your newly formatted USB drive
  • When it finishes extracting, open the USB directory, and open the file makeboot.dat. This will make your USB drive bootable
  • Your USB is ready for booting. Plug it into the computer you want to find the password for.
  • Reboot/Start the computer
Old 10-08-2009

Refer to following threads:

how to put an iso image on a usb drive
Burn the ISO on the SD card (bootable) for Eeepc
Can I install Ubuntu on a USB stick?
Help to "burn" an ISO image on SD card

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,