Thread: Nero Showtime File Association

Nero Showtime File Association

I was using Nero 7 trail version for some couple for weeks. Then I upgraded it to full version. It was working fine. But after a Nero's update it is not working properly. Before that Showtime reads multiple file formats like avi, mpeg, mp2, m2v, etc. But after the update when click on file to run Windows Media Player opens. Then I try to open the same by Showtime which gave error that it cannot play the file. Any suggestion thanks in advance.

Re: Nero Showtime File Association

I had too faced the same after a Nero Update. I don't have the exact reason behind this but the solution worked for me. Do this open Windows Media Player and click on Tools Menu. Now in the drop down list click on Plug-ins. In the box select options tab. The in the list select the file format which you want to associate with Nero Showtime. At last click on Apply > OK. Restart your system and you are done. Nero 7 Showtime sometime conflict with Windows Media Player Plug-ins.

Go to your audio video folder where you had kept your files and right click on anyone. Then select Open With > Choose Program. In the upcoming list select the program and then at the below of the list you will see a small box denoting that always use this program. Select that one and then click on OK. You files icons will turn into Nero 7 Showtime program and when you double click on that then it will run in Showtime by default.

Normally Nero has inbuilt file association library by which it identifies the format. If you put some associated software then the issue can be solved. There are some 30 file types that Nero Showtime plays. hat extensions you wanted associated with the program. Get and download all the updates and then as per files download some associated programs. Like for 3gb or acc install Quiktime. For aif, aiff and avi install Winamp, bmp install windows pic, divx install divxplayer, etc.