Thread: Hiding zero values on a chart in Excel 2007

Hiding zero values on a chart in Excel 2007

Hi friends,

I am trying to create a chart of series of data points from a table which look up values dependant on the contents of a separate cell with a drop down list. Over the chart is designed to be used until the end of the year, so
    obviously values after today show as blank, i am thinking to Hiding zero values on a chart i know that it's possible but know what steps i need to follow. Any ideas about it ?

In that case resort your database so the blank rows move to the end and then specify the data range to the chart so the data which are not included. Set the value of the INDEX numbers for rows containing blank values ,to a high value so they sort to the end. You could write a simple equation to create these numbers, based on an IF statement with a test for zero as the conditional test. This is actually a terrible idea since its not automatic and requires manual intervention to sort.

I have try to follow the above mention things but was not able to hide zero values on a chart. Is there any other way where i can hide those data because it's very important for me to those hide those data, i try to find it on internet but was not able to get it, please help me out.

To hide zero values on a chart in Excel 2007 you need to select File then go to Excel Options and select Advanced then go to display options for this worksheet section. Now deselect the checkbox in Show a zero in cells that have zero value. Hope this should work for you.

Re: Hiding zero values on a chart in Excel 2007

Ektaa,

My other options is grayed out and doesn't allow to deselect the zero selection. How do I fix this or am I missing a step?

TIA

pingger<---pulling hair on this problem