Thread: How to display special characters XML

How to display special characters XML

I have a question about XML in flash. I have a photo gallery that utilizes XML to call out the photo as well as the caption. I also tried UTF-16, but I get the error: "There is no Unicode byte order mark. Cannot switch to Unicode" on the .Load function call.

Re: How to display special characters XML

If your keyboard will not allow you to type the characters you want, or if you want to use characters outside the limits of the encoding scheme you have chosen, the x must be lowercase in XML documents. The nnnn or hhhh may be any number of digits and may include leading zeros.you can use a symbolic notation called ‘entity referencing’.

The current definition of what a character is and what characters are allowed in an XML (XML, XSLT, XHTML, etc)your computer correctly stores the file using that encoding scheme. This encoding rule applies when you include a message in the <comment> or <message> tag used in the <refund-order>, <cancel-order>, and <send-buyer-message> Order Processing API commands, as in the following:

<comment>We're sorry, your item is out of stock &#x26; will not be available until next month.</comment>

The XML specification does not use the term "character entity" or "character entity reference". The XML specification defines five "predefined entities" representing special characters, and requires that all XML processors honor them. If you are using a Schema, you must use the numeric form for all except the five below because Schemas have no way to make character entity declarations.