Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Need some FFMPEG commandline reference

Windows Software

Old 06-08-2009

Need some FFMPEG commandline reference

Hi,
I am trying to mux a .ac3 stream to .avi file. Here I had anyhow tried to fixed ac3 audio file and replaced the original stream. I am trying to use the command line utility of ffmpeg to make a .bat file of number of process. So that it can run at once. I do not know much about the command line. I need some reference codes about this. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-08-2009

Re: Need some FFMPEG commandline reference

I am listing some command line options for your reference. This are the most generally used. You can refer them also to do advance task. The codes are - -L (license), -h (help), -version, -formats, -i filename (input filename), -y (overwrite output files), -copyright string, etc. Here are some codes to work with video. Bitrate options can be accessed by -b bitrate, in the same way for fps -vframes number, then -r rate , -s size,etc. There are multiples more.
Old 06-08-2009

The ffmpeg command line tools are vast. There many codes in that. You will have to visit ffmpeg website to get the entire details. The site consist of information from introduction to the tool to advance protocols. Working on audio with ffmpeg is not a easy task. According to me you should have a list of all the codes and plus the applicable method.
Old 06-08-2009

I am listing some tips to be utilized when your are using a ffmpeg command line option. The first is that if you want to stream at a lowest bit rate then use a low frame rate and a relatively small GOP size. If you see a parameter q at the time of encoding it indicates that is really possible to achieve good quality. If you have a slow system then you can increase the speed by using the -me zero command. This is a motion estimation command and by -intra you can disable the motion estimation.
Old 21-01-2010

can you give me the sample files, i'll try to encode them and send them to you, if that is what you want then i'll show you the command line

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,