Thread: Where can i download a standard vga driver

Where can i download a standard vga driver

Recently my system seems to be missing the standard VGA driver, while attempting to upgrade my video driver on my pc. I get an error message that the update could not continue without the standard VGA driver. Now, can any body tell me that where can i download the VGA driver for my Windows Xp? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Any kind of information on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Where can i download a standard vga driver

When you install Windows on a computer that is using an unsupported video adapter, Windows Setup installs a standard VGA mode driver. Generally the standard VGA driver is installed by windows during setup, and also generally through card specific VGA drivers won't install without the standard VGA driver.

Available driver-update information is often extremely sparse, and it can be difficult to be sure that you have found the right driver for your device. The video BIOS or firmware contains the basic program that governs the video card's operations and provides the instructions that allow the computer and software to interact with the card. It may contain information on the memory timing, operating speeds and voltages of the graphics processor and RAM and other information. It is sometimes possible to change the BIOS (e.g. to enable factory-locked settings for higher performance) although this is typically only done by video card overclockers, and has the potential to irreversibly damage the card.

If you want to download a standard vga driver for your pc, then you can visit the Microsoft official website. Or you can also visit your manufacturer website, you will definitely get the latest standard vga driver for your pc. We strongly recommend that you consult your hardware manufacturer for advice on updating drivers, or employ a diagnostic tool such as VersionTracker Pro that can analyze the existing drivers on your system and match them to available upgrades.