| || |
| || |
Join Date: May 2008
Re: How to create a .pst file in Outlook 2003
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Outlook Data File.
- In the Types of storage area, click Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst) to create a new Outlook 2003 .pst file. Click Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst) to create a new Outlook .pst file that is compatible with earlier versions of Outlook.
- Click OK.
- Use the default Outlook folder location, or you can locate a different folder location.
- In the File name box, type a name for the new .pst file, or you can use the default name. Click OK.
- In the Name box, type a title for the .pst file, or you can use the default title of Personal Folders. The title that you enter in the Name box is the name that is used on the Outlook 2003 All Mail Folders list, and it is applied to any shortcuts that are made for the .pst file on the Outlook Bar. You can also select an encryption setting and a password for the .pst file. After you select the settings that you want, click OK.
- The new .pst file is added to the Outlook 2003 All Mail Folders list. To view the Folder List, click Folder List on the Go menu.