Thread: Need help in Saving an Excel 2007 Macro-Enabled Workbook

Need help in Saving an Excel 2007 Macro-Enabled Workbook

Hi,

I am using Macros in Excel 2007. Whenever i try to save my work book it wont be saved. If i save it with Xlsx format the macros wont be saved. What format should i choose to save this workbook ? how to use macros enabled book in Excel 2007 ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Re: Need help in Saving an Excel 2007 Macro-Enabled Workbook

If you want to save a macro-enabled workbook you have to save it in format .xlsm format which provides added security. To save the macro enabled workbook click Save As and when dialog box appears Enter a preferred name and select a location where you want to save your workbook. Now Click the Save as Type drop-down arrow, and from the list select .xlsm Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook.now click save. and you are done.

Thank you for a quick reply. i did what you said but now when i open my macro enabled workbook i get a warning message stating that the macro will not be retained. i dont know what to do. please help!!

You may get this message if you didnt save a workbook containing a macro as a macro-enabled workbook.

Open a workbook containing a macro in the same way you open any other workbook. when you open a workbook it will be open with Security Warning message appears below the Ribbon. Click the Options button beside the Security Warning, you will get a Microsoft Office Security Options dialog box , now if you know where the macro originated, select Enable This Content and click ok. this will close the dialog box closes and the Security Warning message. now you can use the macros in that workbook without any problem.

question Re: Need help in Saving an Excel 2007 Macro-Enabled Workbook

I have an excel 2003 workbook that contains a macro. I would like to be able to open this in excel 2007 and be able to take advantage of the million+ rows.
    I have tried saving two ways:

1. as a macro enabled workbook (.xlsm) - This way I can still run the macro, but for some reason there are only the 65,000 rows like excel 2003.

2. as an excel 2007 workbook (.xlxs) - This way loses the macro (I forget what the error message says exactly)

What is going on?!!

If you want to save an Excel 2007 Macro-Enabled Workbook, then you just need to follow the below steps mention.

1. First of all you need to click on the Office button and then you need to click on Save As. Then a Save As dialog box will appear on your desktop screen.
    2. Then you need to enter a name and select a location for your workbook.
    3. Afterwards you need to click on the Save as Type drop-down arrow. You will see a list of file types appears.
    4. Afterwards select Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook (*.xlsm). In Excel you need to adds the .xlsm extension to your filename.
    5. Finally click on the Save button. That's it and your job is done.

You can also open it by just double clicking on the file itself, if it gets open. Then you just need to save it as a regular excel document.