Thread: Philips DVD8801 not burning disc

Philips DVD8801 not burning disc

Hi,
    I hope I can found something here. I have Philips 8801 DVD drive which is not reading a disc. It is not a old one. I had tried to remove and replace it back again but still the problem persist. When I insert the DVD disc the cd icon on the Windows Desktop keeps on coming. But even after waiting for along time the disc does not comes up. After some time when I double click on the DVD drive insert disk message comes up. Help needed.

Re: Philips DVD8801 not burning disc

This cannot be a major issue. This can be due to a messy driver. You have two ways to update it. Either download driver detective or by Device Manager. Right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. Click on the list and right click on your DVD drive. Select uninstall. Then restart your system. After a restart windows will find the hardware and locate the relevant upgrade if needed. Just keep your internet connection on.
    DVD-RW does not burn

Check the cable of DVD drive. The issue can be cable. Then run your mother board driver CD. Especially install your chipset driver. If does not work then your DVD drives laser lense is damaged. You will have to show that to a computer repairer. It can be replaced and then your drive will work as it was working before.
    Sony DVD RW G120A not burning disc

The problem here is that the firmware upgrade is not available. The website of Phillips does not show any detail about the product. Also don't try to cross flash the drive with other compatible hardware. This can kill your device entirely. The only possible way here is to try roll back driver option. Open Device Manager and right click on your DVD drive and select properties. Then go to Drivers tab and click on roll back drivers. Restart your pc and check out weather things are working or not.