Thread: How to Update the Windows Media Player 11 library

How to Update the Windows Media Player 11 library

Hello , i have just download windows media player 11 , the problem is using is that library on my windows media player 11 does nto get updated often and most of the times missing and deleted files are shown and latest files are not updated , can you tell how can i update the windows media player library , please help me thanks in advance for your replies

Re: How to Update the Windows Media Player 11 library

Hello , i think I have the answer , you have look for the these file , This is a file called wmpfolders.wmdb and located in the C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player. This file can be opened in a text editor and manually edited.

with A little research, I found a way to empty the cache windows media player (whole library), which allows some kind of reset all the settings of WMP. It worked for me! For those interested, simply delete all files and folders in: Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player

You have deleted files and folders containing music or videos on your hard drive but the The library of Windows Media Player is probably still showing. it mean that windows media player 11 library is not updated , To update the library, you must force the update.

For this , follow this steps
    1. Launch Windows Media Player.
    2. Click the Library tab to display the list of albums and tracks running in the library.

3. Click on the arrow under the Library tab. In the menu that appears, select the Apply changes to information on the media.

4. The library is then refreshed. Click the Close button.
    5. The physical files and folders deleted from your hard drive are removed from the library and the new files are added.