Thread: How to remove BDA TV Monitor application from computer

How to remove BDA TV Monitor application from computer

I have recently installed WinTv Software on my machine.That is for GB-PVR. I uninstalled both utilites from "Add/Remove Programs" in my Windows XP SP 2 and removed the PVR-950 USB item in Device Manager before I unplugged it. But i sees that there is one icon still remains on my computer which is "BDA TV Monitor" that still loads in my system tray. I have tried several methods to find where it is loading and remove it, but have had zero success. It is not in start/programs/startup and it is no where to be found when I run msconfig.How do i remove that item from my computer system.

Re: How to remove BDA TV Monitor application from computer

To remove BDA, You may need to go into "processes" in the "windows task manager" and stop it first. Find emMOM.exe, right click and select "end process tree." , If it's not a HP app then check start->programs->startup to see if its set to run from there, and delete it, or download the rather good startup control panel Or you may also hit CTRL-ALT Delete and select Processes. Select emMon.exe and select End Process. Then, using the Windows search function, do a search for emmon.exe and delete it.

Re: How to remove BDA TV Monitor application from computer

Media Center is cool I have not problem with media center at all. You would think that the millions that they make, that they could come out with a better software design app for their cards. in my case it was called HCWemmon.exe and i simply removed it under the windows - current version - run from the registry that caused it to startup automatically.

ThumbsUp Re: How to remove BDA TV Monitor application from computer

Quote Originally Posted by wllwnn View Post
    To remove BDA, You may need to go into "processes" in the "windows task manager" and stop it first. Find emMOM.exe, right click and select "end process tree." , If it's not a HP app then check start->programs->startup to see if its set to run from there, and delete it, or download the rather good startup control panel Or you may also hit CTRL-ALT Delete and select Processes. Select emMon.exe and select End Process. Then, using the Windows search function, do a search for emmon.exe and delete it.
    I was infected with same application which was embedded on my systemtray while I was trying to install some drivers to my Crypto TVR USB 2.

I have hit CTRL-ALT Delete , selected Processess - spotted emMon.exe and ended the Process. Thereafter I searched for it and deleted.

Then I unchecked it from TuneUp Start Manager an I run A reboot for my wxp sp2 OS.

The disturbing icon has hence diappeared from my System Tray.

Thanks a lot.