Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problem with Windows Media Center onVistaHomeEdition

Windows Software

Old 03-08-2009

Problem with Windows Media Center onVistaHomeEdition

Generally, Windows Media Center has worked flawlessly for me. However,the other night I encountered a problem. Although Media Center had recorded a one-hour program, upon playback I was unable to see the last 12 minutes (approximately). Even though this material was in the file that I was viewing, I was never able to see the end of this program. Is there something that I did wrong in the recording process? Any suggestions on how I can view this material that was recorded but not seen?

Old 03-08-2009

Re: Problem with Windows Media Center onVistaHomeEdition

I will provide the solution only for AVI/MKV playback files you need to followi the steps,
  • Firstly, you need to take ownership of ehplayer.dll in C:\Windows\ehome:
  • Open an elevated command prompt (i.e. right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator
  • Go to C:\Windows\ehome
  • Type:
    takeown /f ehplayer.dll
    cacls ehplayer.dll /G <username>:F
    (so on my system it is cacls ehplayer.dll /G HTPC\cdldt:F)

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,