Thread: Download Adobe Premiere Codecs

Download Adobe Premiere Codecs

I have a Adobe Premier 5.1 software by which I am trying to export a video file. The video file is recorded by Canon Camcorder. When I export the file it gives out error that format is not supported. What should I do here to run those videos. I want codec for this video format. From where can I download the codecs for Adobe Premier. Also what formats does Adobe Premier supports in relations to camcorder's and other devices.

Re: Download Adobe Premiere Codecs

Adobe Premier supports all latest tapeless cameras and their formats. Like P2, XDCAM, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, etc. It also supports DVCPRO and DVCPRO HD across many P2 cards. It allows direct import and metadata support in Sony XDCAM, XDCAM EX, and XDCAM HD. Normally the Adobe Premier tool supports all the native audio formats which does not requires a codec. Download Klite Codec pack from the below link.
    Download K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.3.1 - Its Free !!

Download DivX and XviD codec pack. There are plenty of sites which offers you a free download. This are freeware and open source tools. You can also download the same from official site. It is better to use a proper format which is supported by Adobe Premier. So just convert the video and then import it in the tool.

Right click on that video file and select open with. Then form below remove the tick from always use this program to open and select notepad. Click on OK. The 4 numeric letters in the file is the codec for your video file. Note down it and search it on google. Other thing use VLC player to see that the video is working and try to convert it in a most common format. So that you can edit it in Adobe.